- December 1, 2022
- Posted by: admin
- Category: General
A free HMRC tax app is available and offers some useful functionality. In fact, in the 12 months up to October 2022, HMRC received almost 3 million calls from people asking for information that is now readily available on the app.
- 354,499 calls from people who forgot/lost their National Insurance number;
- 444,301 calls from people who wanted their employment history and tax details; and
- 323,381 calls from people who wanted their tax codes.
The information can also be downloaded and printed – so there is no need to call HMRC to ask for it to be sent in the post.
The APP can be used to see:
- your tax code and National Insurance number;
- an estimate of the tax you need to pay;
- your income and benefits;
- how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid;
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for self-assessment; and
- how much self-assessment tax you owe.
The app can also be used to complete a number of tasks that usually require the user to be logged on to a computer. This includes:
- make a self-assessment payment;
- renew and report changes to your tax credits;
- access your Help to Save account;
- using HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions;
- track forms and letters you’ve sent to us;
- claim a refund if you’ve paid too much tax; and
- update your postal address.
The app is available to download from the App Store for iOS and from the Google Play Store for Android.